published: 2019-03-13 18:35:12
Horrific shooting at an elementary school in São Paulo, Brazil. At least 10 dead including 6 children.
The deadly incident occurred on in the city of Suzano located in the southeastern Brazilian state of Sao Paulo on Wednesday.
The governor of Brazil’s Sao Paulo state said Wednesday that two young men wearing hoods and carrying several weapons opened fired at a school in the country’s south, killing eight people before taking their own lives.
Governor Joao Doria said the two attackers were believed to be between 20 and 25 years old. He said authorities didn’t believe the two were former students.
Doria said the dead included two teachers and six students, and several more people had been hospitalized after sustaining injuries.
Doria said the school had been evacuated and police were inspecting possible explosives left by the shooters. “The school is on lockdown,” he said.
The identities of the victims and the alleged attackers – who were said to be former students at the school aged between 20 and 25 – have not yet been released. The motive for the shooting is not clear, police say.
The school has some 1,000 primary and secondary students, aged between six and 18, and a language centre. It is located in downtown Suzano, some 50km from São Paulo.
#Watchtower #Brazil #Suzano #SaoPaulo #Shooting #SchoolShooting #Governor
Watch the original Sao Paulo Video here